Racingline R600 Cold Air Intake
- Induction Kits
Need Some Advice? Speak to one of our experts.
PLEASE NOTE: This product cannot be sold outside of the UK.
R600 COLD AIR INTAKE
Looking for the most sophisticated cold-air intake available for your MQB-platform EA888 Gen3 car. The R600 intake is the world's best selling system for this platform, and it's little wonder as it combines OEM-standard design and quality with significant power gains on uprated cars.
Some people forget that it's what's inside that matters when it comes to intake systems. The R600 houses a double-sized Trifoam® dome filter inside the giant airbox, breathing in through twin air inlets to achieve lower intake temperatures and worthwhile power gains, significantly improving mass airflow through the turbo. It really is an essential upgrade for higher-powered Golf 7 GTI, R and S3 models.
The giant airbox and near-double sized surface area of the filter means that air flow rates corresponding to up to 600bhp can be supported - hence the name R600. With big-turbo conversions getting close to this power output already, you can be reassured that the R600 has all the headroom you may ever need for future upgrades to your car.
KEY TECH SPECS
Oversized domed High-Flow TriFoam™ air filter provides increased surface area and dust capacity, with triple-layer laminate of open-cell polyurethane foam giving an exceptionally high level of filtration.
With filter surface area more than doubled, the fully enclosed filter housing and unit is rated up to 600bhp giving significant margin for future upgrades. Worthwhile power gains over 4,000 RPM.
High capacity airbox finished to OEM standards and materials, with careful attention to detail in every aspect of design. Hand built in the UK using the highest quality materials and construction. SAI connection for US cars is part of this OEM approach.
Twin intakes, both sides of front panel across the front of the car take cold, dense air from the highest pressure area, right in the airflow.
The R600 has been developed exclusively for Golf 7/MQB - meaning that fitting is straightforward, using original mounting points for perfect fit and function.
Advanced CFD software development allows the R600 to achieve optimum flow patterns from the front-panel intake, through the airbox and out through the filter with minimum pressure drop.
· It's the giant, double-size TriFoam™ filter at the heart of the R600 that enables minimum pressure differentials, yet gives maximum filtration protection to your engine. Take a look at these numbers:
Standard filter area = 43,200mm²
R600 filter area = 96,477 mm²
· Through keeping intake temperatures as low as possibly, and greatly improving airflow into the turbo, more power is produced, turbo lag is reduced and better fuel efficiency is achieved.
· Maximised efficiency and improved drivability and torque throughout the rev range means the turbocharger spool drops nearly 500 RPMs, reducing lag and creating faster turbo response.
· Our testing on the R600 Intake has given worthwhile gains on cars at 300bhp. Go beyond this level and very significant power improvements are seen from the Intake system, as the standard air box and filter reaches and exceeds its airflow limit.
· The rich induction noise is clear as soon as you first accelerate hard. With the increased airflow from this system, the sound of the diverter valve opening when you lift between gears is much more noticeable. However as an enclosed filter system, volume levels are well-contained, and the sound quality is music to the ears of any enthusiastic driver!
· A combination of advanced 3D scanning of the engine-bay, then our sophisticated CFD software was used to set the packaging and achieve optimum flow patterns.
· Manufactured in UK the from same PU material as original factory airbox, this helps prevents heat soak into the intake airflow, and is carefully matched to same finish and appearance of engine cover. Factory mounting methods ensure simple and reliable fitment.
· Optimised pressure ratio is achieved between inlet and outlet through maximising filter efficiency.
· Our TriFoam™ triple-layer laminate of open-cell polyurethane foam gives an exceptionally high level of filtration to protect the engine from contaminants in the air down to well below 5 microns, giving the highest level of filtration to protect your engine.
· Extensive testing has shown that to get the maximum from the R600 intake, its fitment should be combined with a reputable ECU upgrade.
· A worldwide in-field testing programme on a wide range of models including Golf 7 GTI and R, as well as Audi S3 models in markets as diverse as UK, China, USA and Australia proved the design in all applications.
CFD - ANALYSIS DEVELOPMENT
Unlike other intakes on the market, we employed Computational Fluid Dynamics (known as CFD) throughout development of the R600. Only by modelling the airflow mechanics using numerical analysis and algorithms to solve and analyze the air flows can we determine the sizes, shapes and flow paths of the intake system.
Clever science? Maybe, but what this image clearly demonstrates even to the untrained eye is how valuable the R600’s twin intakes are to getting the air in, then the importance of the giant, double-sized airbox.
· Golf 7 GTI
· Golf 7 R
· Audi S3 8V
· Audi A3 8V
· Audi TT/TTS 2014+
· SEAT Leon Cupra 280
· Skoda Octavia vRS 5E
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.